Zhanar Abdullayeva – Partner at Unicase Law Firm. Zhanar gained specialized experience in the oil and gas, mining and energy sectors by advising major Kazakh companies, international investors and quasi-public sector companies on a wide range of issues including industry-specific regulations.
Zhanar’s experience includes conducting complex due diligence of oil and gas and mining companies in the context of M&A transactions, structuring of cross-border deals, advising on regulatory issues. She worked in a number of cross-border transactions in subsoil sector, advised on foreign investment, financial matters and general corporate and commercial issues in Kazakhstan.
Zhanar is a member of the Kazakhstan Bar Association and Kazakhstan Petroleum Lawyers Association. Legal500 underlined her professional, conscientious and diligent attitude to work in such practices as commercial, corporate and M&A.
Zhanar’s experience includes working at the leading international law firms in the United Kingdom and Kazakhstan.
- Nottingham University, United Kingdom, LLB
- London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom, LLM
- Kazakh Humanitarian Legal University, Kazakhstan, Bachelor of law
- Unicase advised TE Connectivity in regards to the global corporate restructuring
- The reform of tariff policy for natural monopolies to increase the investment attractiveness of Kazakhstan and participation in the implementation of the President’s National Plan “100 concrete steps”
- Unicase advised NC Samruk-Energy JSC on the transfer of four energy companies to the competitive environment in the framework of the “second wave of privatisation”
- Unicase advised IRG Limited in respect to the acquisition of gold assets in Kazakhstan
- Unicase advised on the development and implementation of the corporate governance system for NC Astana EXPO – 2017 JSC All projects
Publications of the Unicase:
- Oil and Gas Regulation 2019 in Kazakhstan
- Client Alert: Review of legislative amendments in entrepreneur activities regulation in Kazakhstan
- Client Alert: Review of amendments to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On subsoil and subsoil use”
- 10 most significant legislative changes in 2016
- Market Eyesight: Kazakhstan adopted the new rules for the issuance of permits to attract foreign labour force All publications